Paryushan Parv Recipe No. 3 – Stuffed Raw Banana Parantha
Raw Banana is the core ingredient among Jains. It is a big replacement of Potato. There are many varieties which can be made from Raw Banana. In taste wise, all recipes made from Raw Banana will taste same as if it is made from Potato. Sometimes it is difficult to tell whether dish is made of Potato or Raw Banana.
Raw Bananas are considered to be more healthier than Potatoes.
- Pressure Cooker
- Rolling Pin (Hopesun Silicone Rolling Pin, Green)
- Flat Pan
- Potato Masher (Tosmy Stainless Steel Potato Vegetable Pav Bhaji Masher, Multicolour)
Prep Time – 15 Mins. Cook Time – 20 Mins.
- Raw Banana (कच्चे केले) – 6 Nos.
- Oil (तेल) – 4 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida (हींग) – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds (राई) – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds (जीरा) – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds (सौंफ) – ½ Tsp.
- Finely Chopped Green Chilli (बारीक़ कटी हुई हरी मिर्ची) – 2 Nos.
- Salt to Taste (नमक)
- Red Chilli Powder (लाल मिर्ची पाउडर) – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Coriander Powder (धनिया पाउडर) – 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder (हल्दी) – 1 Tsp.
- Garam Masala (गरम मसाला) – 2 Tbsp.
- Wheat Flour (गेहूं का आटा) (Pure & Sure Organic Wheat Flour, 5kg)
- Salt (नमक)
- Clarified Butter (घी) (Patanjali Cow’s Ghee, 1L)
- Water (पानी)
- Take raw banana peel and cut it into two pieces.
- Now pressure cook raw banana until they are soft.
- Mash raw banana properly with potato masher
- Now take wok and heat oil in it.
- Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds and allow them to crackle
- On crackling, add green chillies and sauté it in oil for few seconds.
- Now add mashed raw banana and add in salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- After cooking it for 5-10 mins., switch off the flame.
- Allow the raw banana mixture to cool down completely.
- For dough – Take a bowl and add in wheat flour, salt, water and clarified butter and make soft dough.
- Allow dough to rest for 10 mins.
- Now take small portion of it and roll it with the help of rolling pin and fill portion of mixture in it and roll it again to give shape of Parantha.
- Heat flat pan and put Parantha on it and cook both sides with the help of clarified butter till it changes color to golden brown.
- Serve Parantha with Curd. Stuffed Raw Banana Parantha
Refer WordPress – https://refer.wordpress.com/r/2102/wordpress-com/