Kheer is a popular Dessert in India. There are different types of kheer which are prepared such as Sabudana Kheer, Vermicelli Kheer, Rice Kheer etc. but Rice Kheer is the most famous among all the Kheer. Almost on every occasion it is cooked. Although it requires more time but it is very easy to make.
It is also known as Rice Pudding. It is prepared by adding rice in boiled milk with sugar. Different flavors are added to it such as Cardamom Powder, Saffron, Almonds, Cashew Nuts or Raisins to give it a nice taste.
I am very much crazy about Rice Kheer. It is my favorite Dessert. I usually eat this with Puris.
Equipment Used –
- Measuring Cups
Time – 45 Mins Serving – 6
- Milk (दूध)– 8 Cups
- Rice (चावल) – ½ Cups
- Sugar (शक्कर) – 1 ½ Cups or as required
- Chopped Cashew Nuts (काजू)
- Chopped Almonds (बादाम ) (Urban Platter California Almonds (500g))
- Start boiling milk in a wok on high flame and stir occasionally so that milk does not get burn.
- Rinse rice well with clean water for 2-3 times and keep aside.
- As soon as milk comes to a boil, switch the flame to medium and add rice in it.
- Mix it well and cook it again on high flame.
- Now allow the rice to cook. It will take around 30 mins.
- When the rice is cooked such that it is soft and mushy then add in sugar and mix well and allow it to cook for few more mins such that sugar gets completely dissolved.
- Now add in chopped nuts and mix well and switch off the flame.
- Garnish it with more chopped nuts.
- For more flavors and color add in Saffron mixed with little milk or Cardamom Powder.
Refer WordPress – https://refer.wordpress.com/r/2102/wordpress-com/