In my previous blog (MAIDE KE MASALA KAJU) I have shared with you all how I celebrate Diwali which included drawing of rangoli outside my house. So today in this blog I am sharing some pictures of the rangoli also which my sister and I have made for this Diwali. We enjoyed a lot while making rangoli. We both sisters actually wait for this auspicious festival to come because we get a chance to make rangoli and fill beautiful colors in it. We have a great time making rangoli. This will be our 7th year when we are making rangoli together.
So coming to today’s recipe i.e. Maide ke Biscuits, it is also very nice snack item which you can serve before your guests on this Diwali. It is very easy recipe which can be prepared with few ingredients only and i.e. too easily available at our home. So let’s start –
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 Kg.
- Hot Oil – ¾ Cup
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – 1 Tbsp.
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Turmeric Powder – 2 Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 3 Tbsp. or according to taste.
- Water – as much to knead a tight dough
- Take all – purpose flour and add in carom seeds, cumin powder, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix all ingredients well.
- Add hot oil and knead tight dough with the help of water.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 20-25 mins.
- Divide dough into small apple sized balls.
- Roll one ball at a time into a circle (keep it little thick) and cut it in the shape of diamond or square with the help of a knife or cutter.
6. Now deep fry cut dough in small batches until both sides turn golden brown.
Enjoy this biscuits with your guests on this Diwali and follow my blogs and facebook page for more such recipes. Till then bye and see you in next blog.