Aloo bread vada is a snack item in which bread is stuffed with mashed potato mixture, dipped in gram flour batter and deep fried. It is crispy and crunchy. It is very easy and delicious recipe. Aloo Bread Vada is my favorite snack item which I can have anytime during the day. It is most popular street food in Udaipur (place where I live). People enjoy this near Fatehsagar Lake (Beautiful lake in Udaipur. Must visit place of Udaipur)
Prep Time – 30 Mins Cook Time – 20 Mins Total Time – 50 Mins Serving -10-12
- Gram Flour or Besan – 2 Cups
- Salt – 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Carom Seeds or Ajwain – 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Water – 1 ¼ Cup or as required for smooth paste
For Aloo (Potato) Masala
- Mashed Potatoes – 3 Cups
- Oil – 6 Tbsp.
- Crushed Garlic – ¾ Tbsp.
- Asafoetida or Hing – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Water – 2 – 3 Tbsp.
- Oil for deep frying
- Bread Slices
- Take gram flour in a mixing bowl and add in salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, carom seeds and cumin powder.
- Prepare a smooth paste with the help of water.
- Heat oil in a wok and add in asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add in crushed garlic and sauté it for 2 mins.
- Add in mashed potatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to taste and mix them very well and cook for 8-10 mins.
- Add in 2 tbsp. of water in mixture so that it will be easy to spread on bread.
- Now allow potato mixture to cool.
- Cut bread into triangular shape.
- Spread potato mixture in between two triangular bread slices
- Dip it in gram flour batter and deep fry it.
- Serve Aloo Bread Vada with fried green chillies and tomato ketchup.
Step – by – Step Video of Aloo Bread Vada