My today’s recipe is an exciting version of bhel i.e. Chinese Bhel. Chinese Bhel is an adaption from Veg Choupsey recipe. It is not exactly like a bhel as ingredients of chinese bhel are totally different from regular bhel. But it will taste like regular bhel as it is also sweet, tangy and spicy. Sweet and tangy flavor comes from tomato ketchup and Schezwan Sauce or Chutney gives spicy flavor to Chinese Bhel. This recipe can be served hot as well as cold also. Today I am showing you the cold version of it. If you are making it for kids then adjust amount of Schezwan chutney accordingly.
Step – by – Step Video of Chinese Bhel (Please Subscribe and Support)
Serving – 3
- Boiled Noodles – 4 Cups
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Shredded Cabbage – 1 Cup
- Red and Green Bell Pepper Juliennes – 1 Cup
- Schezwan Chutney – 3 Tbsp.
- Tomato Ketchup – 4 Tbsp.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry boiled noodles in small batches.
- Deep fry them until they are crisp and golden brown in color.
- Take out fried noodles from oil and keep it on kitchen paper for soaking of extra oil.
- Break fried noodles into small pieces.
- Take broken noodles in mixing bowl and add in red and green bell pepper juliennes and shredded cabbage.
- Add in Schezwan chutney and tomato sauce.
- Mix all ingredients properly and serve.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me.