There are many varieties of parantha which you will get in India like aloo parantha, lauki parantha, paneer parantha, onion parantha etc. Paranthas are very easy and quick recipe which you can make for breakfast or lunch or dinner. You can have these parantha with plain curd or any type of raita or green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Today’s recipe i.e. onion parantha is a whole wheat flat bread stuffed with onion mixture. It is a very basic recipe which you can prepare easily with the ingredients easily available at home.
Other Parantha Recipes
Step – by – Step video of Onion Parantha (Please Subscribe and Support)
Serving – 10 Paranthas
- Wheat Flour – 2 Cups
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 1 ½ Tbsp. + For Cooking Parantha
- Salt – 1 ½ Tsp.
- Water for Kneading Soft Dough
- Finely Chopped Onions – 3 Cups
- Finely Chopped Green Chilli – 1 Tbsp.
- Gram Flour (Besan) – ½ Cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 ½ Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ Tsp.
- Garam Masala – 1 Tsp.
- Take wheat flour in a bowl and add in salt and ghee.
- Knead soft dough with the help of water and cover it and keep aside.
- Take finely chopped onions in a mixing bowl.
- Add in finely chopped green chillies, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder and garam masala.
- Mix all ingredients properly.
- Add in gram flour and mix properly as such onions are nicely coated with gram flour.
- Divide dough into small balls.
- Take one ball at a time and dust flour on the dough ball.
- Roll the dough with the help of a rolling pin to a circle of 3-4 diameters.
- Place 2 tbsp. of onion stuffing in center of circle and cover it with the dough and press it gently and roll it again to give shape of parantha.
- Heat flat pan and put Parantha on it and cook from one side and flip it and cook another side with the help of ghee till it changes color to golden brown.
- Onion Parantha is ready. Serve it with curd or green chutney or tomato ketchup.
- Cut onions finely else it will be difficult to roll the paranthas.
- After preparing onion mixture make paranthas immediately otherwise onions will leave their moisture and it will be difficult to roll parantha.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me