Pizza Sauce is tomato based sauce which is prepared from blanched tomatoes, onions, garlic and some spices. This sauce is used as a spread to make pizza but there are many other recipes as well which you can prepare from this sauce like rolls, pastas, spaghetti, lasagna etc.
I have prepared it for making of Bread Pizza whose recipe I will be sharing later on. You can prepare it in bulk and store it in refrigerator and will remain good for atleast 1 week.
It is easily available in a market but the sugar content in it is very high. That’s why I always prefer making it at home only and preparing anything at home is always safe and better in terms of taste and flavors.
Step – by – Step Video of Homemade Pizza Sauce (Please Subscribe my Channel)
Serving – Will make 1 ½ – 2 Cups
- Medium Sized Tomatoes – 8
- Big Sized Onions – 4
- Crushed Garlic – 1 Tbsp.
- Oil – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp. or according to your taste
- Boil water in a pan and add in tomatoes.
- Boil them for 5 minutes or till the skin starts to leave them.
- Take them out on a plate and allow them to cool down completely.
- Peel the skin of tomatoes once they cooled completely.
- Now take roughly chopped onion in a grinder and grind them.
- Add in roughly chopped blanched tomatoes in a grinder and grind them with grounded onions.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in crushed garlic and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add in tomato and onion mixture and mix them.
- Cover pan with lid and cook mixture for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove lid and you will see mixture is boiling.
- Give it a quick stir and add in red chilli powder, salt and sugar and mix them well and cook sauce for few more minutes.
- Homemade Pizza Sauce is ready.
- If you don’t want your sauce to be sweet then you can skip sugar.
- If you don’t eat onion and garlic then you can add capsicum in it.
- Allow sauce to cool down completely before using it for some other recipe.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me