Moong dal ke pakode or moong dal ke bhajiya is very popular dish all over India. This pakodas taste delicious when they are made crispy. It is very easy and simple recipe. I have given a twist to this pakodas by adding garlic. It gives nice flavor to the pakodas. This pakodas are mildly spicy as green chilli and garlic paste is used in it. For pakodas you just require to soak dal for atleast 5 hours otherwise the process to make it is very simple and does not require much time. You can serve this pakodas with coriander chutney, tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup. They are good option for tea time snack or party time snack.
For other recipes visit RECIPE INDEX
Serving – Will serve 4 people
- Chilka Moong Dal (Green Gram, split, with skin) – 1½ Cup
- Green Chillies – 3 Nos.
- Garlic – 6 – 7 Cloves
- Salt to Taste
- Cumin Powder – 1 Tsp.
- Ajwain (Carrom Seeds) – ½ Tsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Tomato Ketchup – To serve with
- Wash chilka moong dal and soak it for 5-6 hours.
- Now coarsely grind them in a grinder
- Make a paste of green chillies and garlic with the help of mortar and pestle.
- Add prepared paste in grounded dal and add in salt, cumin powder, asafoetida and ajwain and mix and prepare a mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying and drop small of mixture into it.
- Half fry the balls and take them out of the oil.
- Now press each and every ball.
- Deep fry them again.
- Pakoras are ready. Serve them with tomato ketchup.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me in comment section. I will see you next time with new recipe till then