Dabeli is a Street food which was originated in Kutch (Gujarat). Therefore it is also known as Kutchi Dabeli. It is very popular street snack which can be easily found in many parts of India.
For making dabeli we will require few things which can be easily prepared at home such as potato masala, sweet tamarind chutney, masala peanuts and other things which are easily available in market such as onions, pomegranate seeds, pav and nylon sev.
Dabeli Masala, the main ingredient of the dish is readily available in most of the cities all over India sold under various brand names mainly manufactured and packed in Kutch (I will be mentioning the brand name of the Dabeli Masala which I have used below with the ingredients).
The process to make dabeli is very easy. We just have to assemble all the things which I have mentioned above.
For all Recipes visit – Recipe Index
Serving – Will serve 5-6 people
- Boiled and Mashed Potatoes – 3 Cups
- Oil – 4 Tbsp.
- Dabeli Masala – 3 Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tsp.
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp.
- Water – ¾ Cup
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Roasted Masala Peanuts
- Finely Chopped Onions
- Nylon Sev
- Tamarind Chutney
- Dabeli Pav
- Heat oil in a pan and add in boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Add in dabeli masala, red chilli powder and salt and mix and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add sugar and water and mix and allow them to cook for 5 minutes or till sugar fully dissolves and switch off the flame.
- Now spread potato mixture on a plate and allow it to cool down.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, roasted masala peanuts and nylon sev on potato mixture.
- Now take Pav and slit it horizontally into two equal halves and keep one side connected
- Apply tamarind chutney in between the pav and spread potato mixture on it.
- Add some finely chopped onions and roasted masala peanuts.
- Now apply some butter on pan and toast dabeli from both sides until it’s crispy.
- Coat the sides of dabeli with nylon sev and serve it with sweet and spicy chutneys.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me in comment section. I will see you next time with new recipe till then