Hello Beautiful Bloggers!
My today’s recipe is Pasta in Red Sauce.
Pasta in red sauce is a pasta recipe prepared using tomato puree. It is very healthy recipe for kids as lots of vegetables are used to prepare it. It is very easy and delicious recipe. The red sauce is made using fresh tomatoes which are ripe, red and less tangy, vegetables of your choice and herbs. In herbs I have used oregano. If you have basil leaves or Italian seasoning then you can use them.
Other Pasta Recipes –
For all recipes visit RECIPE INDEX
Serving – Will serve 6 people
- Penne Pasta – 100 Gms.
- Fusilli Pasta – 100 Gms.
- Finely Chopped Onions – 1 Cup
- Finely Chopped Capsicum – 1 Cup
- Tomatoes – 750 Gms.
- Crushed Garlic – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste + 1 Tsp.
- Black Pepper Powder – 1-2 Tbsp.
- Oregano – 2 Tsp.
- Red chilli Flakes – 1 Tbsp.
- Tomato Ketchup – ½ -1 Cup
- Oil – 2 Tbsp. + 5 Tbsp.
- Water for boiling pasta
- Boil water in a pan and add in 2 tbsp. oil and 1 tsp. salt.
- Add in penne and fusilli pasta and allow them to cook.
- When pasta is cooked, strain water from it and wash cooked pasta from cold water and keep it aside.
- Boil water in another pan and add in tomatoes and allow them to blanch.
- When skin starts to leave the tomatoes, switch off the flame and remove tomatoes from water.
- Allow tomatoes to cool down completely and then remove the skin and blend them to a fine puree.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in crushed garlic and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add in finely chopped onions and capsicum and sauté them for 10 minutes.
- Now add in tomato puree, salt, black pepper powder, oregano and red chilli flakes and mix all ingredients well and allow the sauce to cook till the oil starts to leave the sides of pan.
- Now add in boiled pasta and mix everything very well so that the red sauce coats the pasta very well.
- Garnish the pasta with some grated cheese and serve.
- You can use any type of pasta like spaghetti paste, farfalle pasta or shell pasta.
- You can add veggies as per your choice or even you can skip it.
- Use tomatoes which are ripe, red and less tangy.
- You can adjust spices according to your taste.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me. I will see you next time with new recipe. Till then bye.