Palak Paneer is basically an Indian Curry in which paneer (cottage cheese) cubes are cooked with spinach curry. Palak Paneer is one of the most popular North Indian Dishes which can be easily found in every Indian Restaurant especially dhabas.
This recipe of Palak Paneer is my mom’s recipe. I have prepared this recipe by blanching spinach as it will give nice green color to the recipe. It can be prepared without blanching spinach also. But I will recommend blanching for this particular recipe.
This recipe of Palak Paneer goes perfect with hot chapattis, naan, tandoori rotis and even rice also.
Other Indian Curry Recipes on my blog
- Malai Kofta | Restaurant Style Malai Kofta in Red Gravy | Recipe No. 75
- LAUKI (BOTTLE GOURD) KOFTA CURRY – Recipe No. 32
- BUTTER PANEER MASALA/RESTAURANT STYLE – Recipe No. 29
- HYDERABADI ALOO – Recipe No. 23
- CHOLLE MASALA – Recipe No. 14
Serving – Will serve 4 people
- Palak (Spinach) – 250 Gms.
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 150 Gms.
- Medium Sized Tomatoes – 3 Nos.
- Medium Sized Onions – 3 Nos.
- Garlic Cloves – 3-4 Nos.
- Green Chilli – 2 Nos.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Garam Masala – ½ Tbsp.
- Oil – 4 Tbsp.
- Boil water in a pan and add spinach leaves in it and blanch it.
- Allow blanched spinach leaves to cool down completely and blend it to a fine puree.
- Grind tomatoes, onions, garlic and green chillies to a fine paste.
- Cut paneer into small cubes and deep fry them until its color changes to golden brown.
- Heat oil in a wok and add in asafoetida, fennel seeds and cumin seeds.
- When seeds crackle add in grounded paste prepared in step 3 and allow it to cook.
- When oil leaves the sides of the wok, add in red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala.
- Add ½ cup of water and allow all spices to cook.
- Add in spinach puree and mix it with spices properly and allow it to cook.
- When one boil comes add in deep fried paneer cubes and give a quick mix and switch off the flame.
- Palak Paneer is ready to be served with hot chapattis.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback in comment box. Share this recipe with your friends and relatives.
For all recipes on my blog visit RECIPE INDEX