Veg Tawa Pulao is a quick, easy and delicious rice recipe which is a popular Mumbai street food. As the name suggests this pulao is prepared on tawa. Street vendors have huge tawa on which they prepare it but at home it can be prepared in frying pans or woks. In this recipe, rice is cooked first and then seasoned with spices and vegetables. You can have this pulao with any kind of raita, onion salad and even roasted papad goes very well with it. Its best part is that it can be a quick filling meal recipe and you can even make this pulao for lunch box.
Other Popular Street Food Recipes –
- Masala Pav || Mumbai Street Food || Masala Pav Sandwich – Recipe No. 51
- Pav Bhaji | Popular Street Food of India | How to make Pav Bhaji at Home in a Easy Way – Recipe No. 57
- Aloo Matar Sandwich | Masala Sandwich | Bombay Masala Sandwich | Recipe No. 80
Serving – 5
- Chopped Tomatoes – ½ Cup
- Chopped Onion – ½ Cup
- Chopped Capsicum – ½ Cup
- Chopped Boiled Potato – 1 Cup
- Green Peas – ½ Cup
- Boiled Rice – 3 Cups
- Butter – 4 Tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tbsp.
- Red Chilli and Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Coriander Powder – ½ Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander Leaves for Garnishing
- Onion Slices for Garnishing
- Heat butter in a pan and add in cumin seeds. (If you have big tawa then you can make this pulao on it also)
- When cumin seeds crackle, add in garlic and red chilli paste and sauté it for few minutes. (Just grind 5-6 garlic cloves and 4-5 soaked whole red chilli with little water to make paste)
- Now add chopped onions, chopped capsicum and chopped tomatoes and cook all vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add in red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala and salt.
- Add ½ cup of water and cook all vegetables and spices and mash them with the help of potato masher.
- Now add green peas and boiled rice and mix well.
- Add in boiled chopped potatoes and again mix well.
- Garnish Veg Pulao with butter, coriander leaves and onion slices and serve it hot.
For all recipes visit RECIPE INDEX
Please try this recipe and share your feedback in comment box. Share this recipe with your friends and relatives.