This is very delicious bhindi masala recipe which I have tried for the first time and it came out to be very tasty. Bored of eating the same type of bhindi Sabzi everyday so decided to do some invention and made this recipe. It is very easy to make recipe which requires very few ingredients.
Bhindi is a favorite vegetable of everyone especially kids so try to make different types of it and let your kids enjoy their favorite veggie with different taste. Just take care if you are making it for kids then adjust the quantity of spices and green chillies accordingly. You can serve masala bhindi with chapatti or rice. You can have this during lunch or dinner and even it is perfect tiffin recipe.
For all recipes visit – RECIPE INDEX
Step – by – Step Video of Masala Bhindi Recipe (Share and Subscribe)
Serving – Will serve to 4 people
- Bhindi (Lady Finger) – 250 Gms.
- Onion – 4 Medium Size
- Green Chilli – 2 Nos.
- Oil – 5 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 4 Tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tsp.
- Wash bhindi with water and dry them on a large plate with kitchen towel.
- Remove head and tail of each bhindi.
- Slit each bhindi vertically without cutting it into two halves.
- Chop each bhindi into 2 inch pieces.
- Add roughly chopped onions in a grinder jar and add in roughly chopped green chillies and make a fine paste.
- Heat 3 tbsp. of oil in a pan
- Add in chopped bhindi and salt and cover it with a lid.
- Sauté it until the rawness of bhindi goes and it turns soft. Transfer cooked bhindi to a plate.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in remaining oil and add in asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- On crackling of seeds add prepared onion and green chilli paste and sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Add in red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder (Salt is already there in bhindi if needed can be added at the end).
- Mix all spices and cook masala for 5 minutes.
- Add in cooked bhindi and mix it with masala and finally cook it for few more minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me.