Veg Tawa Pulao is a quick, easy and delicious rice recipe which is a popular Mumbai street food. As the name suggests this pulao is prepared on tawa. Street vendors have huge tawa on which they prepare it but at home it can be prepared in frying pans or woks. In this recipe, rice is cooked first and then seasoned with spices and vegetables. You can have this pulao with any kind of raita, onion salad and even roasted papad goes very well with it. Its best part is that it can be a quick filling meal recipe and you can even make this pulao for lunch box.
Other Popular Street Food Recipes –
- Masala Pav || Mumbai Street Food || Masala Pav Sandwich – Recipe No. 51
- Pav Bhaji | Popular Street Food of India | How to make Pav Bhaji at Home in a Easy Way – Recipe No. 57
- Aloo Matar Sandwich | Masala Sandwich | Bombay Masala Sandwich | Recipe No. 80
Serving – 5
- Chopped Tomatoes – ½ Cup
- Chopped Onion – ½ Cup
- Chopped Capsicum – ½ Cup
- Chopped Boiled Potato – 1 Cup
- Green Peas – ½ Cup
- Boiled Rice – 3 Cups
- Butter – 4 Tbsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tbsp.
- Red Chilli and Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Coriander Powder – ½ Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Coriander Leaves for Garnishing
- Onion Slices for Garnishing
- Heat butter in a pan and add in cumin seeds. (If you have big tawa then you can make this pulao on it also)
- When cumin seeds crackle, add in garlic and red chilli paste and sauté it for few minutes. (Just grind 5-6 garlic cloves and 4-5 soaked whole red chilli with little water to make paste)
- Now add chopped onions, chopped capsicum and chopped tomatoes and cook all vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add in red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala and salt.
- Add ½ cup of water and cook all vegetables and spices and mash them with the help of potato masher.
- Now add green peas and boiled rice and mix well.
- Add in boiled chopped potatoes and again mix well.
- Garnish Veg Pulao with butter, coriander leaves and onion slices and serve it hot.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback in comment box. Share this recipe with your friends and relatives.
Connect with me – Facebook(LIKE) | Google+(FOLLOW)
This is very delicious bhindi masala recipe which I have tried for the first time and it came out to be very tasty. Bored of eating the same type of bhindi Sabzi everyday so decided to do some invention and made this recipe. It is very easy to make recipe which requires very few ingredients.
Bhindi is a favorite vegetable of everyone especially kids so try to make different types of it and let your kids enjoy their favorite veggie with different taste. Just take care if you are making it for kids then adjust the quantity of spices and green chillies accordingly. You can serve masala bhindi with chapatti or rice. You can have this during lunch or dinner and even it is perfect tiffin recipe.
Step – by – Step Video of Masala Bhindi Recipe (Share and Subscribe)
Serving – Will serve to 4 people
- Bhindi (Lady Finger) – 250 Gms.
- Onion – 4 Medium Size
- Green Chilli – 2 Nos.
- Oil – 5 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 4 Tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Coriander Powder – 2 Tsp.
- Wash bhindi with water and dry them on a large plate with kitchen towel.
- Remove head and tail of each bhindi.
- Slit each bhindi vertically without cutting it into two halves.
- Chop each bhindi into 2 inch pieces.
- Add roughly chopped onions in a grinder jar and add in roughly chopped green chillies and make a fine paste.
- Heat 3 tbsp. of oil in a pan
- Add in chopped bhindi and salt and cover it with a lid.
- Sauté it until the rawness of bhindi goes and it turns soft. Transfer cooked bhindi to a plate.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in remaining oil and add in asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- On crackling of seeds add prepared onion and green chilli paste and sauté it for 5 minutes.
- Add in red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder (Salt is already there in bhindi if needed can be added at the end).
- Mix all spices and cook masala for 5 minutes.
- Add in cooked bhindi and mix it with masala and finally cook it for few more minutes.
- Switch off the flame and serve.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me.
Connect with me – Facebook(LIKE) | Twitter(FOLLOW) | YouTube(SUBSCRIBE) | Google+(FOLLOW)