Hello Beautiful Bloggers!
My Today’s recipe is POTATO PANCAKES
Potato Pancake is a pancake recipe made of grated potato or mashed potatoes. These pancakes are often seasoned with onion, cheese, spices and garlic. This is the best way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. The recipe is very simple yet very tasty. The best way to enjoy these pancakes is when they are fresh and crispy.
Serving – Will make 12-15 Pancakes
- Potatoes – 750 Gms.
- Thinly Sliced Onions – 2 Cups
- All Purpose Flour – 1 Cup
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Oregano – 1 Tsp.
- Grate potatoes with the help of a grater or a food processor and squeeze excess water with the help of hands.
- Now add all – purpose flour, thinly sliced onions, black pepper powder, salt and oregano in grated potato and mix.
- Apply oil on flat tawa and place ¼ cup of mixture on it and press it with spatula to make ½ inch thick pancake.
- When bottom of pancake turns golden brown, turn it upside down.
- When both the sides of pancake turn golden brown remove it from the tawa.
- Potato Pancakes re ready. Serve it with tomato ketchup or mint and coriander chutney.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me in comment box. I will see you next time with new recipe.
Connect with me – Facebook(Like) | Google+(Follow)
Dabeli is a Street food which was originated in Kutch (Gujarat). Therefore it is also known as Kutchi Dabeli. It is very popular street snack which can be easily found in many parts of India.
For making dabeli we will require few things which can be easily prepared at home such as potato masala, sweet tamarind chutney, masala peanuts and other things which are easily available in market such as onions, pomegranate seeds, pav and nylon sev.
Dabeli Masala, the main ingredient of the dish is readily available in most of the cities all over India sold under various brand names mainly manufactured and packed in Kutch (I will be mentioning the brand name of the Dabeli Masala which I have used below with the ingredients).
The process to make dabeli is very easy. We just have to assemble all the things which I have mentioned above.
Serving – Will serve 5-6 people
- Boiled and Mashed Potatoes – 3 Cups
- Oil – 4 Tbsp.
- Dabeli Masala – 3 Tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tsp.
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp.
- Water – ¾ Cup
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Roasted Masala Peanuts
- Finely Chopped Onions
- Nylon Sev
- Tamarind Chutney
- Dabeli Pav
- Heat oil in a pan and add in boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Add in dabeli masala, red chilli powder and salt and mix and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add sugar and water and mix and allow them to cook for 5 minutes or till sugar fully dissolves and switch off the flame.
- Now spread potato mixture on a plate and allow it to cool down.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds, roasted masala peanuts and nylon sev on potato mixture.
- Now take Pav and slit it horizontally into two equal halves and keep one side connected
- Apply tamarind chutney in between the pav and spread potato mixture on it.
- Add some finely chopped onions and roasted masala peanuts.
- Now apply some butter on pan and toast dabeli from both sides until it’s crispy.
- Coat the sides of dabeli with nylon sev and serve it with sweet and spicy chutneys.
Please try this recipe and share your feedback with me in comment section. I will see you next time with new recipe till then
Connect with me – Facebook(LIKE) | Google+(FOLLOW)
Bored of eating same potato recipes, today I am sharing with you all new recipe of potato i.e. Anardana Aloo. It is delicious and lip smacking potato recipe. It is very easy and quick recipe and everyone who has tasted it liked it a lot.
Anardana is a dry pomegranate seed which is easily available in market or if you don’t get it in market you can make it at home also. Anardana Aloo recipe requires preparation of anardana masala. It is very easy to prepare. It can be made in bulk and can be stored in air tight container for long period.
Because of the tanginess of anardana, recipe will be little tangy. It will be spicy also because of different spices used in this recipe.
Step – by – Step video of Anardana Aloo
Prep Time – 20 Mins Cook Time – 15 Mins Serving – 4
- Par Boiled Potatoes – 10 Nos.
- Green Chillies – 3
- Garlic Cloves – 10-12
- Oil – 5 Tbsp.
- Asafoetida – Pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Cumin Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Fennel Seeds – ½ Tsp.
- Anardana Masala – 5 Tbsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Garam Masala – 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ Tsp.
- Water – 3 Tbsp.
Anardana Masala (will make 1 cup) –
- Anardana (Dry Pomegranate Seeds) – 1 Cup
- Coriander Seeds – ¼ Cup
- Whole Dry Red Chilli – 10
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) – 2 Small Pieces
- Dry roast anardana, coriander seeds, whole dry red chilli and dalchini on low flame for 15-20 mins.
- Allow them to cool down completely and grind them to a fine powder.
- Prepare a paste of onion, green chilli and garlic cloves.
- Cut boiled potatoes into small cubes and deep fry them.
- Heat oil in a wok and add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- On crackling of seeds, add onion + green chilli + garlic paste and cook it for 5 mins.
- Add prepared anardana masala and mix.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and garam masala and mix
- Add water and cook masala for 5 mins.
- Add fried pieces of potatoes and mix and cook for few more mins.
- Garnish Anardana Aloo with onion and green chilli and serve
Enjoy this lip smacking Indian recipe and share your feedback with me.
Facebook | Youtube | Instagram
Aloo Chaat is a Savory Potato Snack. It is very famous Street Food item in North India made from fried potato mixed with different chutneys and spices. It can be eaten as an evening snack or as a starter. It is very easy and simple recipe to make.Whenever you have extra boiled potatoes in your fridge then it can be used to make aloo chaat. Mint & Coriander and Red Chilli Chutney can be easily found in every house and because of that it becomes very handy to make aloo chaat.
Prep Time – 15 Mins Cook Time – 10 Mins Total time – 25 Mins Servings – 2
- Potato – 6
- Mint & Coriander Chutney (Click here for recipe MINT & CORIANDER CHUTNEY) – 2 Tbsp.
- Red Chilli Chutney (Click here for recipe RED CHILLI CHUTNEY) – 2 Tbsp.
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp.
- Chaat Masala – According to Taste
- Oil for Frying
- Cut potatoes in half and par boil them. It will take around 10 mins.
- Peel skin of boiled potato and cut them into small pieces or cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry cubed potatoes.
- Take a mixing bowl and add in fried potatoes, mint & coriander chutney, red chilli chutney, lemon juice and chaat masala and mix well.
- Aloo Chaat is ready to be served
So enjoy this recipe with your loved ones and let me know how you and your loved ones like it and subscribe to my blogs for more such recipes.